Postby Highlander » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:56 am

Just post every bug you know about.

Lord_Jonny
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Re: Mod progress

Postby Lord_Jonny » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:17 am

Highlander wrote: I wouldn't change the gambling, you can just about gamble every item in the game. If a change were to be made it should to make it harder to get elite items when gambling.

I respectively disagree with you. I can get full amount of money from rabbit and with Gheed's (reduce 12%+) Hunger (reduce 25%) + Edge (reduce 15%) gives 55 % reduce, effectively doubling my money. I do about 4 - 10 runs a day, then gamble. so far the best item i have gambled is an 09 vamp gaze and 15 sebzy boots.

Also the ammy / rings always seem to be the same three.
"What Would I Do, If I Wasn't Scared"

tmaan
Not A Puppet, But A Real Boy

Postby tmaan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:14 am

Johnny,
Heard that, until about 3 runs ago I was sure the soj hoppers were empty and I was just about to ask Moogie to please refill them because I haven't seen one for so long, but all of a sudden, 3 soj's in 2 cash runs with the appropriate game changes....

I run close to as hard as you as my playing time lasts about 1 hour or less 3 or 4 times a day, I use rips to generate the cash as I find bunnies harder to kill.

I'm not seeing bad gamblings on the good rings, I have a mule so full I'm going to have to start throwing good stuff out to make room and some order so I know what's on the mule.

I have an alternative that I think falls between you and Highlander as far as soj gambling (feel free to correct me here if SOJ's aren't the goal).
My original question about gambling drops was about the way too often ocurrance of set items. There are times that I can get 3 angelics in a 12 ring buy or 5 ubers in the same 12 ring buy, I think they are crowding out the chances of getting more decent rings and was wondering if the set items could be turned down, not the instance of uniques turned up.

What's your take? Anyone else feel free to have an opinion here also :)

Just my 2

t

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:41 am

That can be looked at. When we launched we decided to incrase drops and gambling due to the fact that we every onel had to start from scratch. The idea was to go back and tweak the drops once we had a reasonably decent size player base. With every one by that time having a truck load of items muled we could hel new players starting out and the glut of items would over time reduce to normal. I wouldn't want to decrease the drops by too much or the game become too much of a grind.

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:10 am

Soj's are only supposed to be able to drop/gamble 1 per game. If you get 1, make a new game.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

tmaan

Postby tmaan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Moogster,
I change games like you say, you told me about that awhile ago:) i dunno the reason the sojs stopped for me for a long time, I was just poking fun at my luck :) Now they're running right again..

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:46 am

You need lady luck on your side...

Return to “Diablo 2 Discussion”