Chat about all things Diablo

Topic author
Noah_Human
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

New Official Path Announced

Postby Noah_Human » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:04 pm

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742864181

Here's a link to a dev saying that Diablo II is getting a compatibility patch in the works, making the game more accessible for Mac users, also, in the end, stating that "This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there."

What are your thoughts? Is Diablo 2 gonna receive more actual in-game content? A graphics update? New multiplayer options?

I know the post doesn't state very much, but I'd like you to speculate in high optimism :P

Equimanthorn
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Re: New Official Path Announced

Postby Equimanthorn » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:44 am

Only thing d2 needs is better graphics. Nothing more nothing less. And that is just so it can attract next gen of players. D3 is good but there is something missing. That feeling when you after 2-3 month of grinding get that 1 special item...ahhhh....D3 just does not have that because you work 3-7 days for uber gear and rest is just grifts and paragon lvls. I`m really hoping that someone one day will release D2 reboot. Same game just with next gen graphic. And players/mods/communities will take care for rest of the stuff like new items quests and areas like we did in the past and still doing it now...
"The Quieter You Become, The More You Are Able To Hear"
BattleTag: Equimanthorn#1833

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:00 am

If we had a few good coders and modders, we could have the next generation D2 reboot up and running within six months. The problem is 99% of the coders and modders are not team players. That is the reason it takes time to do even minor patch updates. That said, our Apocalypse Mod will eventually be D2 Reboot.

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:43 am

The blizzard post sounds like a load of fluff. There has been no excuse for the spam bots on BattleNet for 20 years. When I did play on there I loaded a txt file with flagged key words to block who spammed them from messaging me, I would go whole days without one piece of spam.

If I could get rid of the spam bots local with nothing but a list in a text file why can't blizzard? It's how we use to do it back in the IRC days long before diablo was around and still is how 90%+ I suspect junk email gets removed to this very day.

Guess I'm being pessimistic. Give it a few days and then head over the phrozen keep forums. I'm sure in a few days many coders and modders will have ripped the update apart and see what is actually in it.

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:46 am

You can get updates here from the coding community.

http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 35#p486135

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby Return-of-virus » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:07 am

Team players or taking orders?

From what I hear it's getting a HD rework, so possibly 720/1080/4k? Idk but they have been working on anti bot/cheat/hack stuff for years in fact, 5 years worth of work, having to be able to migrate and update as much as people have to beat them at the code.

For all games from blizz, so thats D2/W3/SC.
RNG and I are.. Getting a devorce!

c0nvulsi0n
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Postby c0nvulsi0n » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:04 am

i was just thinking about this, but how adapting diablo 2 in its current state for cell phones and tablets would bring millions of players back to it, as it's easy enough to run, small enough of a file to only be as big as hearthstone with some tweaking, and would quite easily be the best multiplayer online game cell phones have ever seen

Return to “Diablo 2 Discussion”