Help

General Help for Diablo, Computers, Website. Anything you may need.

Topic author
Alan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Help

Postby Alan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:48 pm

When I download the new patch update and try to unzip it I get this message. WinZip was able to extract only part of the file because it contains invalid or missing data. What am I doing wrong.

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Re: Help

Postby Dyspho » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 pm

I had this issue. Im not sure of the best fix. But, here is what I did. I made a folder to extract mod to. I made that folder completely excluded from my antivirus and all that jazz. I also excluded my diablo 2 directory. When dealing with d2 files and the like, I exclusively use those two excluded folders to work in.
~dys

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Like Dyspho said, it most likely your antivirus. Make an exception for the mod and it should be fine. I had to do the same thing.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

Topic author
Alan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Alan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:42 pm

Ok Moogie I will go try that now. thank you very much.

Topic author
Alan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Alan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:21 am

Thank you Moogie everything is working fine now.

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 am

Glad you got it going.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

Topic author
Alan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Alan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:25 am

I am such a dumb #ss please forgive me Dyspho I was in such a hurry to go and play that I neglected to thank you. Please forgive me, thank you so much for your help.

Chakka 1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Chakka 1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 am

Ok guys i was able to get on, created a character but now i can't start or get into a game. Is there something i need to do first. Also, is my old character lost? ; (... thanks in advance,

Davenge
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Postby Davenge » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:36 pm

What steps have you done in terms of setup?

Chakka 1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Chakka 1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:47 pm

i d/l the files and followed the directions accordingly, can't load anything now. I still have the files i used to play with, so i can still get on, just can't play with them. Also, i was never able to get the game running in the first place, i had do d/l moogies files to get going. I spent the better part of the day today, trying to get this game going. Ugh...maybe just not meant to be..

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:47 am

Try uninstalling d2, then install a clean copy of d2, upgrade or downgrade it to d2 1.10. Then install LOD Expansion, then copy/paste the latest patch. Start the game with loader in compatability 2 or 3 xp pack.

Chakka 1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Chakka 1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:42 pm

where's the latest patch that I need. where do I install it? My old char is gone?

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Yes, your old characters are gone like everyone elses. You need to follow the install instructions.
viewtopic.php?f=144&t=684

Chakka 1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Chakka 1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:16 pm

aww, i'm crying here. all that work.. RIP little buddy. I enjoy playing but it is too difficult to get on. I'll check in now and then, thanks for everything guys..

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Dyspho » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:51 pm

How is it too difficult to get on? I remember you Chakka from past ladders here. This isnt nearly the first time we have gone through a wipe, together even. Also, with hades game loader, and the drag and drop install of the mod itself, getting connected to this server is quite simple. Just as simple as other apoc mods have been in the past, and way simpler than other servers I have been on. Yes it was difficult at some point for some of us. But, that was the initial launch of the largely untested, fresh, brand spankey new mod Davenge has been nice enough to cook up for us. All I'm saying is don't give up due to not understanding the machine you are using. From my experience, it is easy to install the mod, it just may be a pain for you to find the right settings that let your system run it flawlessly. I run a pretty custom rig, and getting it windowed and running like I like has been a journey. MH for me is barebones even. My newer system fights me every step of the way on that. But, it works so hell yes.
~dys

Chakka 1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Chakka 1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:05 pm

well then i must be stupid because i can't this going...

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Dyspho » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Nah you aren't stupid. Some of my angst in that last post was directed at some of the players that have simply given up. You are still trying just as we all did in the launch. Have you downloaded hades game loader? With any patch of d2, hades loader can down or up patch. once you have a clean 1.10 folder, make that invisible to virus protection. Make a folder with exceptions in virus protection, and download the mod files to that. Copy and paste from that folder to your d2 folder. If it doesnt work past that...we need to get creative. Does your windows defender have any functionality? We will figure this out Chakka!
~dys

Return to “Help Desk and Frequently Asked Questions”