Easier install.

Everything related to APOCALYPSE Killing Fields...

Topic author
Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Easier install.

Postby Return-of-virus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 pm

I'm hoping when things are ironed out that there can be a much easier install process.. I've seen people say that it's just too hard to get it working.

Thats one thing people look for, ease of acces/userfriendly.. Cos after having to go through so much trouble to get it working then there is current gameplay of standard drops and leveling, as much as its cool to see a slightly more populated server (multiple logs on 1 acc excl), more people will stick around if the game plays a bit more exciting. After which we grow in number the game play can be altered to fit the populous.
RNG and I are.. Getting a devorce!

Davenge
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Re: Easier install.

Postby Davenge » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:47 pm

The actual installation of the mod is literally a drag and drop. The problem is where people are sourcing their D2 install from. I recommended downloading the ISOs and then a 1.10 patch. Then, install from ISOs use patch, then copy the entire D2 folder and drag and drop the mod into the new folder. That way you can always start fresh from the untouched 1.10 install.

Topic author
Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby Return-of-virus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Yeh, thats the issue, alot of people get a blizz install which comes default with latest update.. I saw somewhere theres a way to backroll patches?
RNG and I are.. Getting a devorce!

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Dyspho » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Does Hades loader not roll back the digital installs from blizz? I use iso, but I have at least one or two other options on my pc, if needed. I fail to understand how this part of the install is still difficult for people. You do not even have to manually remove files like we have had to in the past. I can't help but feel this issue arises from people simply not having backups. Do whatever it is you gotta do to get an unpatched d2 folder...save that shit...to everything...forever... Come on people, we are d2 vets here, let's act like it.
~dys

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:11 am

Yes it does.

Return to “General Discussions”