How to get more than 6 Player advice

The good, the bad and the ugly! Lets us know!

Topic author
hans
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

How to get more than 6 Player advice

Postby hans » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Please check answers for Bot/ Machine check!

For example "At which act are Quill Rats" Answer we all know its act1
List of WRONG ANSWERS: act1, act 1, act one, first .... and so on

The realms name question is wrong too and i copy that from the top of the page.

Ancients arent at "act 5" at least if i want to register with a right answer

At least a hint or a Link to the right capitalization as well as a bigger "CONNECT TO THIS SERVER Button" for real at the front page i stumble about a big donation button and a link to register and PLAY but after registration and login i hit that blue link to play the game and nothing happens. First after a search at forum where i ready all topic names reveal information about how to connect here.

Maybe its my opinionion but for attracting People to play at a realm it should be easier to find out.
Every newb that comes around will have just one question / goal "i want to play a game" NOW not tomorrow! Nice D2 realm with MOD lets check it out. Click here to register and start Playing. Nice begin easy one. Oh no Fail fail i cant register because it say charsi is no blacksmith. Ok try again next security question the 3 evils. Ha thats easy andariel duriel and mephisto. WTF thats wrong too ? why? next question at what realm ... easy one il just copy and paste the name. Now iam bad luck Brian because that answer is wrong too AND IAM BLOCKED TO REGISTER A ACCOUNT ... TOO MANY WRONG TRYS.
Lucky me i just get a new IP and try again, and againAND AGAIN WITH ANOTEHR NEW IP, and again hapily it worked now ... finaly

So now i just need the IP and patch. Nice MPQ and BN GWE is located at frontpage as well as a loader and MH ! nice Job. Download zap zap zip installed started and IP ... i need a realm gateway

click the big blue button that say start to play, fly over article about mod being online like 2006 baa where is that id? Read on Server feeatures Intel quad core... why do i want to knowthat now? If i cant play here now i may be as well a 4 bit cpu powered by a hamster wheel for all i care^^

Apocalypse Mod Teaser read read nice he have a zon ... but probably not at this realm back to start the page at top, continue with the little sidestuff, user, posters, statistics, STATISTICS! i want a ip and where the hell iam at the 90ties?

Look a FAQ at the TOP ! read read its so boring pleas thing about how bored a potential player is at this point realicing faq have no absolutely no information about conecting the realm read faq again maybe i didnt read carefully enough just to fing out ....

Topic author
hans
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: How to get more than 6 Player advice

Postby hans » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:34 pm

oh and think aboz letter size
its not that we are playing at millenium and there are much goodmod realms outside
they are rare nowadays but so are people to play as much as people willing to work around to get all information to connect. pack it at a big link window in front page whatever.

biggest mistake all pserver do is hiding conection info/ downloads or game account registration somewhere in another menue.

every idiot use a iphone and gets lead by the noses to klick here, there oh and look you cantdo anything wrong, do you realy think that nowadays people have more interest to work and search for theyr things?

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:51 am

please speak clearly, I enjoyed trying to figure out what you are saying about as much as you enjoyed getting lost while trying to register. All you needed to say was the registration is a looping you back to the main page instead of taking you to the ip/server info and you think some of the questions are broken.

- FAQ who cares, it's obvious to everyone it is the forum built in one. It'll be removed eventually.
- No one is ever getting the ip without forum registration. "It isn't a mistake" It's done like this for security purposes, the mistake is the sites that don't hide it.
- Can't play diablo on a iphone anyway.... Who cares if they get lost it's a pc game.

Issue is addressed and resolved.

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:00 am

At launch we didn't have it so you had to answer a question. The reason we implemented this was because we were being hit by spam bots. It caused a lot of work for us to try to get rid of them. Maybe it is time to revisit the questions and answers to make regeristing easier.

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:06 am

Highlander wrote:At launch we didn't have it so you had to answer a question. The reason we implemented this was because we were being hit by spam bots. It caused a lot of work for us to try to get rid of them. Maybe it is time to revisit the questions and answers to make regeristing easier.

already done, also updated the portal page.

Return to “Server And Forum Feedback”