So, what do you think?

The good, the bad and the ugly! Lets us know!

Topic author
Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, what do you think?

Postby Highlander » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:22 am

How do you like the new look site? We want everyone's feeback, good or bad. All suggestions will be considered as we want to develop the site for our members.

Equimanthorn
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Re: So, what do you think?

Postby Equimanthorn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:55 pm

I think It is awesome. Drav really did a good job here. :D
"The Quieter You Become, The More You Are Able To Hear"
BattleTag: Equimanthorn#1833

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:25 pm

I like it. I would like to see a getting started section of some kind and not a bunch of pre-made forums or installation steps. A new comer may join see all the forums and go uhh,, how do I start playing.. where do I look?

The installation and Terms of Service along with tech support links, should slap a new comer right in the face every single time they load the forums. Not having to navigate to find this information.

There is a little bit of mislabeling and categorizing in the forum names/sub forums. Minecraft has two setup forums, Lets just call Diablo what it is. Diablo or Diablo - Sebzy Mod. we all know it's sebzy realm. Calling minecraft -alpha will only confuse people. Goes against the K.I.S.S rule (keep it simple stupid) :) Lets just call minecraft minecraft nothing more/less.

Lastly I have a Admin control panel which does nothing. No functions in it. Why do I have it if I can't modify sub-forums? (which i would like to be able to do) Then I can make the getting started section myself without chasing a admin around.

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 am

I think it looks good. I'm sure it will get even better.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

Equimanthorn
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Equimanthorn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:48 pm

We need to add more info about us for people that don`t have account here. Unregistered users don`t have any info what is this place about when they come here for the first time. Logout and you will see what I`m talking about.

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Equimanthorn wrote:We need to add more info about us for people that don`t have account here. Unregistered users don`t have any info what is this place about when they come here for the first time. Logout and you will see what I`m talking about.

I agree lets at least load the old main page, until a new page is created. Hope our old posts are not lost.

DBD_fOX
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby DBD_fOX » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Looks good and I agree with Equi, only a couple weeks left till I am back on the realms! YISS!

Equimanthorn
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Equimanthorn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm gonna start new char with you Fox just so I can beat you to 99 :P

DBD_fOX
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby DBD_fOX » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:55 am

Haha! lets get a ladder reset in once I have my own laptop again!

EDIT: What about a place for new comers and oldies to introduce / re-introduce themselves?

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:59 pm

I see some changes were applied some not it's a start. Getting a global announcement in all forums.... It really should be disabled. No one wants to see the same topic every forum they click on.

RcSuD
Mod Team
Mod Team
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby RcSuD » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:19 am

Hate to go against the grain, but I think I like the old one better. I guess it will grow on me. This one looks kinda cartoony to me.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Topic author
Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:37 am

I felt the same as you at first but this is a package and can be changed as needed later. Give it a month until you get used to it and maybe you will change your mind. If not we can look at ways to improve it.

tmaan
Not A Puppet, But A Real Boy

Postby tmaan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:49 am

I think the first page you see needs to be a grabber. Show a screenshot of any uber equipped chr that shows equipment on the right and damage to the left.....
Anyone used to BNet should be able to see the difference instantly and those who don't or can't, maybe BNet is the way.....
This should cause a second click methinks. Anyone that disagrees, feel free :)
That's my limit for tonight :)

Film at 11.

Happy Hunting all!!

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:24 am

tmaan wrote:I think the first page you see needs to be a grabber. Show a screenshot of any uber equipped chr that shows equipment on the right and damage to the left.....
Anyone used to BNet should be able to see the difference instantly and those who don't or can't, maybe BNet is the way.....
This should cause a second click methinks. Anyone that disagrees, feel free :)
That's my limit for tonight :)

Film at 11.

Happy Hunting all!!

I tried to communicate this too, The forum is nice and all. It needs a cover page with news and what not badly. Or as I mentioned previously the old website loads when you goto sebzyrealm.com and then this forum loads when you click the forum link. A quick news update on that page and problem resolved until a new webpage is made.

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:33 pm

It also needs the Sebzy's item lists like the other page had.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

DBD_fOX
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby DBD_fOX » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:57 am

We need something like the temple of zakarum site, or something like ladderhall, Could we maybe speak with whoever still runs ladderhall and get some advertising there to bring in more members. I could speak with David (DBD[L]BLING about possible getting a redirected link to here for those who still play d2 on that site? Perhaps we could even tempt them with an open realm?

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:40 am

DBD_fOX wrote:We need something like the temple of zakarum site, or something like ladderhall, Could we maybe speak with whoever still runs ladderhall and get some advertising there to bring in more members. I could speak with David (DBD[L]BLING about possible getting a redirected link to here for those who still play d2 on that site? Perhaps we could even tempt them with an open realm?

I can add a open realm, The realm maybe open now, never looked at it since we first setup.

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:41 am

Some people are finding themselves on the old forums. Seen posts dated yesterday.

tmaan

Postby tmaan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:18 am

I'm beginning to agree with EQ.
When I get here there is confusion for me based on where I want to go.
The old forum was clearly labeled and it was a lot easier to navigate.
I agree change is good but shouldn't all of our efforts be going into the experience instead of effort being spent on making new forums on a regular basis?
IMHO the old forum setup was clear and easy to navigate. I admit I am an OG and am resistant to change but the new setup seems a lot more confusing and navigating to where I want to go is a bit of a challenge.
If I were coming here for the first time. After wandering around a bit, I would leave.... It's not linear anymore.....

Apologies if I ruffle any feathers but I am saying what I think and speaking from a desire for this bird to fly........

Yup, TMaan said dat!

Topic author
Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:58 am

I have to agree with you. The new look forums is a package with a portal home page, not a website and forums tagged onto it. The work load to maintain everything the old way is huge as you are running two websites and have to sinc them when changes are made. Yes it is a little confusing compared to the old ones even for me. Before we can change things we have to get it setup with all the content first. Then changes can and will be made to suit our community. We have more bells and whistles in this package than we need so the trick will be to only use what we need and if more is needed it can be added.

Return to “Server And Forum Feedback”