Its realy not funny anymore

Found a problem? Website? Game? Report it here.

Topic author
zonkhonk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Its realy not funny anymore

Postby zonkhonk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:39 pm

Its realy not funny anymore even runewords statet in our own Wiki dont work.

It even say its diffrent from Bnet (where its Sur Lo Sol)

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Its realy not funny anymore

Postby Moogie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:18 pm

It is sur Lo sol. Kevin, it seems many mistakes in the wiki.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

Topic author
zonkhonk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby zonkhonk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:21 pm

A guy named kevin made the Wiki?

Equimanthorn
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Equimanthorn » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Yes. And our wiki is just work in progress. There are still some things missing. Also we are all just humans. Mistakes can happen.
"The Quieter You Become, The More You Are Able To Hear"
BattleTag: Equimanthorn#1833

Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:35 am

I'll try to explain this for people who are curious. Around the end of last winter, I had some free time. Highlander approached me to setup the Server only for hosting purposes.

Highlander at that time had the impression that the copy of the Diablo 2 mod that BigJ made 10 years ago was solid and stable. This was not the case. The copy I was given to run on the server was extremely corrupt. No fault to Highlander for this. It was to bad. I spent nearly 2 months on and off working on fixing it.

It was broken to the point That drops didn't work (killed meph and you only got rares) (keys drop but there was no ubers) (Make some runewords and character became corrupt)

The list of items broken was in the several hundred range I kid you not. I understood later that the copy I was given was corrupted by James and most likely Dravicus. I fixed the whole mod myself. Litterly rebuilt the whole thing solo.

Once completed I gave the mod over to BigJ, Now Dravicus was suppose to build the website. He decided to install backdoors into the website and tried to get me banned and locked out Highlander. Highlander asked Holy for help. Holy poured over the website software fixing it like crazy a couple months ago.

Dravicus also manage to cause indirect damage to the realm server too. Notice minecraft is gone? Yep dravicus he broke it. He also messed up data storage on me, now again I spend countless hours repairing the realm server.

I finally get all this done also with the help of Holy and highlander. I begin to tackle some of the website tweaks. I can't finish it myself. My professional life is consuming way to much time. Most of you don't know this. I was out of commission for nearly two months from a Broken Ankle. I couldn't tolerate to sit at a pc for longer than 15 minutes until this past week. I'm in my 9th week of wearing a cast. Right now.

Back to the wiki, BigJ was going to tackle more of it. He's away on work, I can't tackle it due to work. The runeword list was a complex mess of old data that was bad just like the corrupted mod I was given. I pulled and cross referenced all the runewords, But a typo or two does still exist until they are pointed out I don't know which one they are and I don't have the free hours to go through them all one by one and cross reference the data sheets.

This is where we need help. Guides, proof reading, enhancing the wiki. we need community help for it. It is all way to much work for a couple of admins to do all the time.

PS. I fixed the runes in dragon :)

tmaan
Not A Puppet, But A Real Boy
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby tmaan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:41 am

I have some questions Mr. Zonkhonk,

As long as you are having righteous rage and are putting the modders and staff to task, I have a few minor questions for you methinks.

But let's clear a few things first.

Everything that is done here is a cooperative effort, time is given for free from all the people that work hard to make this damaged mod playable and you come along like a bull in a china shop and start calling out every little meaningless bug ( meaningless now, will be fixed in the future when Kevin and / or Big J has time from real life to make the changes) for whatever agenda you have going.... I don't see you sending Highlander any money to become VIP in order to affect real changes, I do see you whining and complaining forcefully like you are owed something here, get a life, even if you have to purchase it, comes to mind....

I have a question for you, smart guy. How is it that you have been here for 4 or 5 days and have already gotten to the point of being able to test out high end rune words requiring hirunes that you cannot possibly have aquired by legal means in 5 days????

If someone has given zonkhonk all these runes in order to test, I apologize upfront but somehow I don't think I'm wrong...

So, at this point unless you get some humility REAL FAST, I'm all for rolling out the ban stick because I'm feeling a lot of agenda and cheating here.....
We do not need this kind of discord that hits so fast and causes so much disruption for no real reason, you guys all know that.

Highlander, is there a way to compare zonkhonks IP to old banned IP's?

My vote is for ban and hear an appeal if there could possibly be one...

Yup, Tmaan had another thought, sorry to all that count if I'm wrong :)

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:31 am

Yes we can check ips. I'll hava a look when I get on tonight. I also have an issue with this guy. When he first logged on to the realm I had to have a word with him about making a realm account different to his forum account. When I asked him what user name he registered with he said he couldn't remember. I knew it was an outright lie as I have forgotten more excuses these guys come up with in their whole life. I let it go but said he had better reregister by the time I got on in the morning.

There is a saying, give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. By the looks of things he is standing on the rickety chair right now.

Topic author
zonkhonk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby zonkhonk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Nice i didnt remember your Name. But @Highlander please log out, Register new and read thos TOS you told me ingame... there isnt anything you sayed to me ingame. Il have a Post from yesterday where i mentioned that.

@Tmaan see exactly thats the Point why we Need some Guides / documentation of the Mod. Even expirienced Players like you dont seem to know that you get a high rune every ~3rd run at abadon on normal.

And yes i was cheating all my stuff! The cheat i used is called a yellow paper in Germany (ist a subscriptin from your doc Setting you free for work) all i had to do for like 8 days was lying in my Bed having a Bath, taking some realy ugly big Pills and Play till i could sleep again. But feel free to check my IPs but if you guys have Time for that i would recomend to look at my Postings and read em with the mentioned knowing of me raging up because i couldnt bear it up anymore that all my days work was just rendered useless.
Alos i used a Maphack and important at this Point: i know how to use Mousepads maphack (there is a difference between revealing the map and configuring it to your Needs... and this difference have a high Impact like hiding unwanted items on ground for example normal, onesloted items small Gold piles or whatever you dont wnat to pick up)

I hear of banns everywhere from the first Person i meet ingame + here at Forums ... i dare the Speakers to start diablo and Play it, this way you will find out more about People cheating or working theyr arses of than from any ips just my few thoughts to that. and how frustrating it is once you hit 80+

Besides if you want to ban me just do it and dot wave it around like a flail and talk it to death

But tell me first because i want to give a guy named dakine his armor back (yes i got some help in form of a armor belt Titans revenge and a helmet once i meet dakine at hell)
Wouldnt be fair to him to give me his best ED armor just to lock it away.

@Kevin thank you now i finaly understand why everything is so messed up. You should add it somewhere as history of the Server. Things like that should be remembered

mattrav
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Postby mattrav » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:18 pm

To be honest I don't think this zonkhonk is doing anything wrong. Although he is a bit blatant and forthcoming thinking anything is owed to him, he is also pointing out some errors that we might have all missed. Zonkhonk the real response to these posts is that now that they are all reported they will be fixed. Please be patient and keep reporting errors. The fixes could come next month or next year, but there is an intention to work on them.

Perhaps a sticky or a message on the front web page explaining that the Mod is a FEATURE PACKED work in progress. Theres still a ton to actually do in game before you've "done it all" so even with a few errors you should be extremely busy completing tasks.

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:21 am

He isn't, I checked. He is just a little over excited and wants to help. What he hs to realise is we only have a minimum number of staff and everything that need fixing will take time.

tmaan

Postby tmaan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:21 am

Well, after the initial excitement, i have no reason to disagree with the general consensus.

Revolution can be a good thing :)

I still have a small problem with the getting to testing runewords with hi runes in 5 days.....but if everyone is ok, so am I .

Zonkhonk, thanks for adding me to your f/list and while I may give you a fish instead of sitting down with you, it doesn't mean I wont teach you how to fish when I can.

Time tells all methinks......

Topic author
zonkhonk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby zonkhonk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:32 pm

tmaan you start to become me ;D
no worry il teach you how to get high runes.

Step 1 Disable all Magic (blue), Junk, small gold piles (<5.000) and one sloted items in Maphack ( http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=714460 ) just skip to section 3
Step 2 go to a normal game
Step 3 go to Act 5 first WP
Step 4 Go through the red portal in abbadon
Step 5 kill all you can as fast as you can while skipping immunesthat would take a little while
Step 6 Pick Gold Runes, Uniques and some rares that may be usefeull

Important here is just speed as always. dont waste 1 minute to kill 20 immunes if you can spend em on 120 with only 50% resistances.

Return to “Bug Reports”