Apocalypse Servers Will Shutdown Perminantly 18th June 2017

Topic author
Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Apocalypse Servers Will Shutdown Perminantly 18th June 2017

Postby Highlander » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:47 pm

We are discontinuing hosting Apocalypse servers as of the 18th of June 2017. This was a painful decision as we have hosted a private realm since 2002. We will still host Sebzy's Realm - Gaming Community forums so we can keep in touch with friends and hopefully find other realms and other games to play together. If anyone has the passion and dedication to host Apocalypse Realm in the future they can contact me. A big thanks to everyone for the support and dedication over the years for making Sebzy's Realm a great place to hang out.

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Re: Apocalypse Servers Will Shutdown Perminantly 18th June 2017

Postby Return-of-virus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 am

I saw this coming, not enough interest, many conflicting interests and opinions.. modders who took up the mantle then let it go cos of conflicting interest. I myself loved the 08-.10 combining idea. I'm going to look into doing something myself in the memory of the apoc mod. If it gets any wind i'll letr alex know.
RNG and I are.. Getting a devorce!

mattrav
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Postby mattrav » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:39 am

this mod would of been successful if you would of just listened to me and added new builds with new items. I tried to give you the perfect option, we could of had it setup where every week -couple weeks we could have had a community polled item creation - new stuff to find every couple weeks, balanced by the community.

Sad to see it shut down. But maybe it's time to evolve. What are some of you long timers playing now? I know you've all picked up something else - you all have the passion for the loot hunt like me. I mean what the hell has tmaan been playing, i havent even seen him on here and there was no way he could not play anything for this long....

As for me ive been headstrong into Path of Exile for a couple weeks and its been a breath of fresh air. If any of you start im on the washington dc server character name Andiun.

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:45 am

The problem was Davenge wanted to be the modder but ended up not being able to complete the mod.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Return-of-virus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:22 am

Moogie wrote:The problem was Davenge wanted to be the modder but ended up not being able to complete the mod.

And too many conflicts with Alex. Set in his ways of what he wanted. Not a bad thing but it sounded like he wanted another game based in the diablo engine. Diablo is and will always be loot/gear driven, rng and endless reruns. Sure, adding xtra end game maps etc will be good but adding a whole new part of he game means much more work than just adding a few option changes.

All i wanted to see was the main idea kept in tact, best of all patches including the godly droppables implemented, the hi res was a good idea but yeah. The whole mod change had a good start then behind the scenes as usual, got lost in the conflict, many people when conflict arises is just walked away from.

Equimanthorn
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Equimanthorn » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:21 am

Main problem are modders. They are just too hard to find. Other things can be resolved.
Patch issues, what to add/remove in patch can be solved easy with conversation, mutual agreement between members of this community or simply by hosting 2 different mods.
But finding good reliable and dedicated modder seems like impossible task.
"The Quieter You Become, The More You Are Able To Hear"
BattleTag: Equimanthorn#1833

tmaan
Not A Puppet, But A Real Boy

Postby tmaan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 am

Ok, I'm back on.
Mattrav, you have no idea of the smile you gave me :)
I was all for a change buuuuttt...
Next post will explain it all...

tmaan

Postby tmaan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:28 am

Hey all, Tmaan here.

This is going to be a long read but I'm hoping worthwhile because I want to give a history and kudos where

they really belong so please bear with me.

Been playing a long time. Not an OG though. I came on at 1.07 and never looked back.

I did make money on the EBay frenzy kind of on the backside because of my lateness but it did finance a

vacation and for that I'm grateful.

After the crash of EBay selling I grew weary of BNet, the script kiddies and the growing presence of adbots

everywhere on BNet making an open game an exercise of tolerance and distraction and then I found alternative

servers and found apoc, life there was good for a long time and all I wanted to do was play. Everyone was

helpful and friendly, I found home for a long time but then egos and the old hacker "don't you know who I am"

mentalitiy started to take its toll on the gameplay and politics set in. No judgement on past players but they

all went away when they were found to be all false gods and couldn't get their worshipping mobs anymore....

hmmm, can't rest on your laurels forever ya know.... :)

Politics and egos killed Apoc but there was one soul who was keeping it going despite all of the power plays

and bad bullshit. It was Alex Raemer, keeper of the flame in my opinion. His love of the game and want to just

keep playing was much more intense than mine earned my admiration early on :)

Apoc had a lot of the best advancements that Blizzard should have adopted and could have made a D3 out of but

because of short sightedness, never did but that is old history now....

When Apoc went down I resigned myself to playing BNet because my whole desire was just to play then one day I

got an email from a player I knew of from Apoc days with an invite to check out a new server that was starting

up and named Sebzys, hmmm any recognition there?

I jumped on and found home again :) New and different players wanting to only play just like me and imagine

that, alex, aka Highlander leading the charge again.

Rinse and repeat. A new start and good gameplay again!

I'm getting tired of writing but what I wanted to say was, alex, you're my hero! I would have never stayed the

course as long as you have and made happen another try again! It is a 20 yr old game and the new players are

looking for constant stimulation and also have a 12 minute attention span. There is no way to make them happy.

And that is why we never got any retention of players.

The only ones that stuck around were the old players that were happy with the game being what it is and having

a good server to play it on independent of BNet.

I now play single player entirely and Alex I thank you you for sending chr files that allowed me to get

Apoc/Sebzy items into the game and make it a lot more interesting!

If any of the old guys want to do a TCP/IP game, I'm up for it but I need to figure out how to do it first :)

mail tmaan235@att.net

To sum it all up, Alex, I admire your tenacity but too many minds ruin the vision,,,again, there is no good

way my friend. I wish you well with the photography, you're good at it!

And to everyone else, I find I am a better person for having met you all!!!!

Moogster, I am less for not staying in contact with you..
Mattrav, I am impressed I was noticed, doesn't happen very often, thankyou!!!
Equimanthorn, ageed sir!!!
Return of virus, i was always in your court on opinions, you da man!

Last but not least, ALEX RAEMER!!!! Thankyou for the best ride ever!!!!!!!!!!!! What more can I say?

I will miss this!!

Yup, Tmaan said dat!

Moogie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Moogie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:07 am

You almost got a tear out of me. We all will miss this. Going to be a tough act to follow trying to play anything else. I guess single player it will be.
The power of Diablo ll gets stronger as time goes on! It keeps pulling you back!

Topic author
Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:06 am

We are going to continue to host the community website Sebzy's Realm - Gaming Community as you never know what the future holds...

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Return-of-virus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:37 pm

tmaan wrote:Hey all, Tmaan here.

This is going to be a long read but I'm hoping worthwhile because I want to give a history and kudos where

they really belong so please bear with me.

Been playing a long time. Not an OG though. I came on at 1.07 and never looked back.

I did make money on the EBay frenzy kind of on the backside because of my lateness but it did finance a

vacation and for that I'm grateful.

After the crash of EBay selling I grew weary of BNet, the script kiddies and the growing presence of adbots

everywhere on BNet making an open game an exercise of tolerance and distraction and then I found alternative

servers and found apoc, life there was good for a long time and all I wanted to do was play. Everyone was

helpful and friendly, I found home for a long time but then egos and the old hacker "don't you know who I am"

mentalitiy started to take its toll on the gameplay and politics set in. No judgement on past players but they

all went away when they were found to be all false gods and couldn't get their worshipping mobs anymore....

hmmm, can't rest on your laurels forever ya know.... :)

Politics and egos killed Apoc but there was one soul who was keeping it going despite all of the power plays

and bad bullshit. It was Alex Raemer, keeper of the flame in my opinion. His love of the game and want to just

keep playing was much more intense than mine earned my admiration early on :)

Apoc had a lot of the best advancements that Blizzard should have adopted and could have made a D3 out of but

because of short sightedness, never did but that is old history now....

When Apoc went down I resigned myself to playing BNet because my whole desire was just to play then one day I

got an email from a player I knew of from Apoc days with an invite to check out a new server that was starting

up and named Sebzys, hmmm any recognition there?

I jumped on and found home again :) New and different players wanting to only play just like me and imagine

that, alex, aka Highlander leading the charge again.

Rinse and repeat. A new start and good gameplay again!

I'm getting tired of writing but what I wanted to say was, alex, you're my hero! I would have never stayed the

course as long as you have and made happen another try again! It is a 20 yr old game and the new players are

looking for constant stimulation and also have a 12 minute attention span. There is no way to make them happy.

And that is why we never got any retention of players.

The only ones that stuck around were the old players that were happy with the game being what it is and having

a good server to play it on independent of BNet.

I now play single player entirely and Alex I thank you you for sending chr files that allowed me to get

Apoc/Sebzy items into the game and make it a lot more interesting!

If any of the old guys want to do a TCP/IP game, I'm up for it but I need to figure out how to do it first :)

mail tmaan235@att.net

To sum it all up, Alex, I admire your tenacity but too many minds ruin the vision,,,again, there is no good

way my friend. I wish you well with the photography, you're good at it!

And to everyone else, I find I am a better person for having met you all!!!!

Moogster, I am less for not staying in contact with you..
Mattrav, I am impressed I was noticed, doesn't happen very often, thankyou!!!
Equimanthorn, ageed sir!!!
Return of virus, i was always in your court on opinions, you da man!

Last but not least, ALEX RAEMER!!!! Thankyou for the best ride ever!!!!!!!!!!!! What more can I say?

I will miss this!!

Yup, Tmaan said dat!

I'm going to quote this, to not only make the reply a long one.. not cos of my intense sentiment of writing but to just stand out, oh and u have always been in my thoughts regarding suggestion.. Kudos btw for actually getting monetary gain from a bloody game lol!

Alex, only the 2 convos by voice but ur idea of the BoV game play, hated the 1.10 change from 09, i was a rich m*ther f*cker item wise then, rust storm, couldn't kill a bloody cow.. no more piercing guided PRICKS! I'm an amazon player. Killer of fun.. then the bots. (blank expression).

Ever since i started back playing, seeing the typo's for the 08/09 unique counterparts and he unusable merc boots I was on a mission to sort it, still am kinda.. not kinda, am.

Still tmaan, the man that reminds me of the reynolds counterpart, the pool of death.

JeyP
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby JeyP » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:13 am

Hi,

as i offered Alex, i still would give the last working Apoc patch (not the one from Davenge) a new home on our Server. We are a Community who hosting outdated/disbanded mods. Currently we have 4 Realms running, a 5th comes soon and i'm sure, we could make room for Apoc too. Server is located in Frankfurt, Germany in the Datacenter of a friend (he is also administrating the Server) and have a 1gb/down // 100mb up stream.

We don't care if only 4-5 players are around, so it would be a good way to not let this community die.

Greetings

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Return-of-virus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:34 am

JeyP wrote:Hi,

as i offered Alex, i still would give the last working Apoc patch (not the one from Davenge) a new home on our Server. We are a Community who hosting outdated/disbanded mods. Currently we have 4 Realms running, a 5th comes soon and i'm sure, we could make room for Apoc too. Server is located in Frankfurt, Germany in the Datacenter of a friend (he is also administrating the Server) and have a 1gb/down // 100mb up stream.

We don't care if only 4-5 players are around, so it would be a good way to not let this community die.

Greetings

I say why not, untill we can get a modder who is willing to add the changes to it.

JeyP
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby JeyP » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:59 am

I need a statement from Alex before i start to talk with Seltsamuel about that.

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Return-of-virus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:47 am

JeyP wrote:I need a statement from Alex before i start to talk with Seltsamuel about that.

Highlander wrote:From: Highlander
Recipient: Return-of-virus

Not anymore. What you have is it. I'm not going to spend time on finding players chars as they are all saved in one folder. Takes too much time and if I do it for one I have to do it for all. I'm done with Apoc. Sorry bro...

Does that help?

JeyP
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby JeyP » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:09 am

Well, it is his Mod, so he need to tell me if he is ok with that. I also would need the last "bug free" Version you had running on your realm.

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Return-of-virus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 am

Iv asked for files, that was his response. regarding his mod, he had rights to the hosting cos he was paying to keep the server hosting it but most of the content was modified by other people and from other mods. Ive always supported his idea of BoV gameplay. And to be clear I'm not trying to step on other people's toes here, thats half the reason this realm died. People got defensive.

JeyP
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby JeyP » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 am

You asked for the save files if i assume it right. I just need the patch files, we won't resurrect any save files because we are using an selfmade database system which tracks Characters per Account instead of putting them all in one direction, to handle bans better (not needed yet, but just in case).

Return-of-virus
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Return-of-virus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:00 am

For my chars yes. According to him, they r all combined.

We have spoken in pm regarding other stuff.

Topic author
Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:50 pm

For now we have stopped hosting a realm here but that may change in the future. For that reason I will not release the mod.

Return to “Updates”