Server Maintenance: 3/4/2017

Topic author
Davenge
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Server Maintenance: 3/4/2017

Postby Davenge » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:50 pm

If you cannot connect, don't panic. I will be working on the server today, 9:50AM+.

Check this thread for a "done" and any additional instructions.

Topic author
Davenge
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Re: Server Maintenance: 3/4/2017

Postby Davenge » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Maintenance Complete: Please go to the GitHub and get new versions of the Patches. I included d2gfx.dll this time, so there should no longer be a need to run the D2ModSetup.bat. Just drag and drop everything, yes to replace.

Patch Fixes:
  • Mercs can now use boots
  • Mercs -should- be able to use two rings and different weapons (not any, but different) A1 merc can use xbows, A2 and A5 can use most melee weapons and/or a shield (BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS, YOU CAN LOSE ITEMS IF YOU TRY TO MAKE A MERC DUAL WIELD WEAPONS). A3 Merc can use like... Swords, Staff, Knives, and Scepters and Shield. I wasn't able to test rings and different weapons because my character is only level 4 \(o.o)/
  • Should be getting 2 Skills for Den of Evil and Sewers and 4 from Izual Quest.
  • There are more items in the gambling screen now (but, LowRes restrictions)
  • Should now be able to put runewords and sets and crafts (though that doesn't help you... wiki coming soon with runewords, I swear!)
  • Increased Throwing Weapons stuff to Max of 500 for all types of Javs and Knives
  • Changed the Loader to not mention that "other" place.
  • Edit: Forgot to mention, I fixed multi-account logins. Should be good to do that again. (ie, no more wrong password stuff)
LowRes Fixes:
  • Potions can be purchased again in LowRes (though it makes it a little weird looking for HighRes \(o.o)/)
HighRes Fixes:
  • Made another attempt to correct issues with lower stash crash, etc. I am no longer able to reproduce crashes them so it makes them hard to test.

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Dyspho » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:27 pm

I cannot recreate a crash in HiRes anymore either! It is so amazingly wonderful, haha. So, I'm just gonna point out something, I think, should be said but no one is gonna want to say it. We need to make new chars....because of the skill quest change. I do not mind. I actually have already rebuilt my necro once, and started a slew of lvl 24 chars. Oh, and the potions being kinda weird in HiRes is totally fine, i think. Its a small price to pay to ensure anyone needing a LowRes patch can still play.
~dys

Topic author
Davenge
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Postby Davenge » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Dyspho wrote:I cannot recreate a crash in HiRes anymore either! It is so amazingly wonderful, haha. So, I'm just gonna point out something, I think, should be said but no one is gonna want to say it. We need to make new chars....because of the skill quest change. I do not mind. I actually have already rebuilt my necro once, and started a slew of lvl 24 chars. Oh, and the potions being kinda weird in HiRes is totally fine, i think. Its a small price to pay to ensure anyone needing a LowRes patch can still play.

Yes, if you want these additional skill points because you've already completed the quests. It sucks, but what can we do. There will likely be crafts in the future that allow you get more skill points, so it may or may not matter "too" much.

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Dyspho » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Very cool, Davenge. I will gladly recreate my char. I think it is cool you are letting the player decide to recreate or not, instead of just wiping. I have a chanter if anyone reading this wants a leg up on restarting.
~dys

RcSuD
Mod Team
Mod Team
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby RcSuD » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:53 pm

I thought everything was gonna get wiped after the testing phase and we all start fresh?
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Topic author
Davenge
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Postby Davenge » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:30 pm

RcSuD wrote:I thought everything was gonna get wiped after the testing phase and we all start fresh?

Not my decision to make. That was the original plan, but lately I've heard maybe not? \(o.o)/

IMO, it's whatever the community wants.

EDIT: Unless some things are terribly imbalanced and people get a bunch of what should be "rare" loot too easily.

RcSuD
Mod Team
Mod Team
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby RcSuD » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:48 pm

I would prefer no wipe, unless absolutely necessary.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Dyspho » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:58 pm

I do not care either way. I can say, as far as what I have been running, it is not super easy to get good drops so far. I'm sure hell rips has some decent stuff, but it is not feasible to run that with my starter builds. I am actually curious to see what users have been seeing drop wise. I noticed some javazons are climbing the ladder fast. I wonder what they have dug up so far. As for nm and norm, I'm building like it were stock d2...kind of slowly. Back to the wipe issue. I have talked to what users have been frequent. I can say they would not be happy with a wipe. I'm pretty much wiping my account anyways. Just keeping my chanter and starter gear to make the transition a breeze.
~dys

Dyspho
Bottom Feeder
Bottom Feeder

Postby Dyspho » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Must just be bad luck for me. I have seen a good handful of uni drops in norm rips, but none have been very beneficial to any of my builds. I will keep at it. Drops are not a big deal with me so much as you don't kill them. I don't have all day to play when work projects occur. As a side note, and opinion, I do not feel this game has always been a grind game. Grind implies you put time in to receive a reward. This game is, and has been, an RNG system. I may play for weeks for something that you find your first run.
~dys

Topic author
Davenge
Wanna Be Somebody
Wanna Be Somebody

Postby Davenge » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:57 pm

deceptively wrote:hello
its really too easy to get a rare loot. why
diablo 2 is a grinding game , i can get all loot in normal rips why? normal nightmare and hell rips dorps the same loot why? i tested all please make it a little harder to get fun of the grinding part.
and thanks for the new patch

Edit:

there is a annoying part of the diablo 2 client when i open diablo 2 or create game / enter game
i see black screen and at left corner there is A-Z then a-z and !-? moving and it needs always 1 min to start its really annoying i think its because im using diablo 2 in compatible with xp service 3 . is there a fix for windows 10 users?

do u removed low resist charger from bone weapons? couldnt find any
edit

at lowres still potions in belt is invisible pls fix it

1.) What loot are we talking about? A list of item names would be better than just saying "good loot." (Rips have the same drop tables they've always had...)

2.) I don't know about this, it's always just been a thing since upgrading from Windows XP.

3.) LowRes potions belt is a personal issue, I think? I didn't see that when I was using it earlier today.

JeyP
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby JeyP » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:07 am

2.) For Windows 10 i would always use Windows 7 Compatibilty Mode. Some of the D2Mod Plugins need a special kind of OS-Support (i don't know if Dan is using one of these) which isn't included in Windows XP and lower. Therefore its better to go with Windows 7. Also try to run your Video-Test, possible that u are using the wrong Video Mode.

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:54 am

Change didmode to 2d and you should be ok. The same was happening to me.

Return to “Updates”