Reset

Topic author
mollier
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/mollierR

Reset

Postby mollier » Tue May 17, 2016 10:31 am

Hello to everyone, i have a question is there gonna be a reset soon on the server plus a new mod with new items ?

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reset

Postby Highlander » Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 am

You haven't been here for one month and already you want an update and more new items?

Topic author
mollier
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby mollier » Tue May 17, 2016 11:05 am

i want a fresh new start for everyone xD

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Tue May 17, 2016 12:22 pm

We weren't born yesterday, we know what your up to. If you want a restart, delete all your characters including mules and you have a restart. Also don't ask anyone for items, play the game and find the gear yourself like we did when we launched. Then when you reached level 99 with every char class we might take your request seriously.

Topic author
mollier
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby mollier » Wed May 18, 2016 3:24 am

One year after the lunch of the server, peak population 6 ppl and u talkin about "request seriously" , u need to make some changes to make ppl join this server if i wanted to play solo diablo2 i would go single player , this is Multi player game that means it have to had ppl in it to be more fun not single player... and everyone want to join a new fresh server... so you dont know what im in to up.

tmaan
Not A Puppet, But A Real Boy
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby tmaan » Wed May 18, 2016 5:03 am

Highlander may have come off a little harsh but you need to understand that the admins are constantly bombarded by requests for bigger better faster more, this is a private server, funded by players.
Not that we don't hear your requests, but, if you want some credibility and also want to help this server grow....
Do you vote every day?
Have you donated?

This server doesn't run on a warm handshake, it costs real money to maintain a place very unlike Bnet where nobody cares about you and everyone looks to steal from you. Here you are not constantly asked for free things or having to put up with bots advertising. Not to mention there's a real nice balance of items and gameplay that will be modified as funding and time allows.

We would really like to have more players and I think you have potential because you've been around for awhile and have put some time in to chr development but if you want a voice, don't get crappy because you get a bad reaction from people that have trusted and have been burned and still love the game enough to try again.

Become a part of this family, learn how it works, contribute, then make suggestions.

Oh, BTW, the 6 ppl that you do see are almost paying the whole cost of running this server with Highlander picking up the balance every month. We would love more players so we can all have a better time and Highlander doesn't have to cover the balance but actually if no more show up that are willing to contribute, we'll still be here :) Would you play on Bnet if it wasn't free?

Yup, Tmaan said DAT!!!

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Wed May 18, 2016 5:43 am

Couldn't have said it as well as you did Tmman, thank you...

Topic author
mollier
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby mollier » Wed May 18, 2016 6:53 am

you are getting me wrong... very wrong, see the point im trying to make is the server needs a restart cause its running around 1 year and the player base is very low maybe cause of that because ppl want a fresh server so they all can start with the same items lvl etc... and i was just asking a question nothing else... and yes i will donate when my card is ready from the bank, voting everyday even when im not on pc via my phone, you have to get more ideas about the server like vote-rewarding system so ppl have to say hey i have to vote because i want this item or this rune etc... you can figure it out or if u cant i have plenty of ideas for you its pure marketing strategy...

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Wed May 18, 2016 7:36 am

Going by past experience while hosting ToZ for about 12 years we lost more players when we reset the ladders than we gained. Also you split the player community having ladder and non ladder.

tmaan
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Postby tmaan » Wed May 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Mollier,

Glad to see your reply and if no one has said it yet, Welcome to Sebzys!

I'm glad to hear you want to try and air ideas but nobody that supports the server with their wallet wants a reset, this was discussed about 6 months ago and "no resets" was the common opinion after less than one page of discussion.

Always ideas are welcome but do a forum search on a subject before posting an idea, it may have already been discussed....

Why would we need a vote to get items system? If you read the trading forums you should know that any item you need can be had, for free, for the asking.

t

Topic author
mollier
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby mollier » Thu May 19, 2016 3:09 pm

The whole thing with the voting system is for a fresh new start , cause when ppl see they will get some benefits from voting and you cannot take those benefits from anything else they will vote , and the server will be at first place on every website, im not talking about the patch right now this feature is for a new patch and whole new system, in the new patch have to made a new rune like 33 ZOD <- 34 CHAL rune 1 to all -> 35 SWIFT rune 50 ench dmg + 20 ias and etc etc... and when u have to make those runes u have to beat like 100 cow runs + 20 baal runs something like that so the ppl have interest of playing someone will say i need this rune so i will make this and things like this... so many things to do :)

Return to “Updates”