Our hosting is presently down.

Topic author
Kevin
Developers
Developers

Our hosting is presently down.

Postby Kevin » Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Hosting servers are offline pending Highlander getting in touch with IWEB, the server itself is perfectly fine, everyone accounts are fine. A bug in Microsoft Virtual Server software has knocked the network adapter offline.

This happens to be the one and only thing that cannot be fixed remotely. It must be done in person at the site of the server. It is indeed a bug, a software bug inside of Microsoft Hyper-V software that has knocked it offline. It's already been confirmed on MS Technet.

Hopefully the downtime won't be too long :(

tmaan
Not A Puppet, But A Real Boy
Not A Puppet, But A Real Boy
Twitch.TV: http://Twitch.TV/

Re: Our hosting is presently down.

Postby tmaan » Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 pm

And of course I have been away for 4 days and had 15 min to play :)

Sorry Kevin, I think I'm to blame because I've been away for 4 days :)

Yup, Tmaan did it!

Topic author
Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Tue May 26, 2015 12:03 am

We can't run two copies of Diablo server software on the same operating system. So to help the modders out, The idea was we would give them a test realm. So Windows was being installed twice. Ergo the need for Virtual Server software.

The old way of doing this was a program by Microsoft called "Virtual Server" It was discontinued and replaced with a program called Hyper-V, Well when configuring the internet stage was up and I hit execute, the bug knocked the server right offline. GRRRR!!! lol.

So in researching, Microsoft has a lot of complaints about this bug with the switch. As in the link below.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... ng-problem

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 am

I`ll be contacting our hosting in about one and a half hours. I`m out doing a honey dooo again. From what I remember you need multiple ip addresses, one for each virtual server. I`|| have to order them before we get this working. I hope to get this sorted asap.

Topic author
Kevin
Developers
Developers

Postby Kevin » Tue May 26, 2015 1:03 am

Please read your private message. When you are back. We already have 5 ip address's. Tested and confirmed. The issue is the new Hyper-V software from Microsoft. Unless IWEB has a TECH/ M.C.S.E and has done the HYPER-V course and can properly enable and confirm that the network adapter won't crap out on us again. Then running virtual servers is pointless. It's explained in your email.

This ip will work to play diablo too when it is back up 70.38.117.228. We have lots :P

Highlander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Highlander » Tue May 26, 2015 1:52 am

Ok, didn`t know that. I`ll get the server rebooted as soon as I get home.

Return to “Updates”